”I wonder what the winner craves after that run?”
Of course I go straight to the food talk. But it’s a legitimate question, right? I mean, everyone has their post long run or post race “fix” or “craving.” The hubs always craves salty first, then a whole lotta sweet. This means Cadbury Crème eggs will increase in stock due to his consumption.
I know that Abby goes for the popsicle fix, Skinny Runner (Sarah) is currently getting her post Boston Pizza fix here, SUAR is probably parked at Dunkin Donuts right about now, and Bre will ride anywhere as long as there is a Starbucks Stop somewhere in the ride.
You gotta love the craving and oh does it feel good to satisfy it!
As for me, I think my taste buds are little WACKY when it comes to post run/race. I crave SPICY and SALTY! I keep a bag of WASABI PEAS in my car for that reason.
I know Christin can appreciate that, hehe.
Since I have a bad habit of buying $$ snacks, I thought it might be time to make my own. Craving and Wallet are Happy!
WASABI & SPICE “Pea” Nuts
Ingredients: (adapted from here)
- 1 10oz can green peas
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt and black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp Wasabi Powder
- 1 Tbsp Peanut Flour (optional)
- 1 tbsp oil
- optional coatings- roll nutritional yeast or brewers yeast after roasted and cooled.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking sheet. I lightly coated mine witch coconut oil. Could also use foil or parchment paper.
- Drain peas from can. Use a paper towel to gently pat them, ensuring they're as dry as possible.
- Place peas in a mixing bowl. Add the oil and spices and toss to coat.
- Spread the peas out on your baking sheet (you want them spread out evenly). Place them on the center rack of the oven and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- I took mine out around 45 minutes and added a little more seasoning and then continued to roast for another 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely then you are able to store them at room temp. YEA!
I know you have one…..what's your post workout/race/run craving?