You see, he is still doing his regular training which means 2-3 hour rides followed by a run……
in the afternoon…..
at these temps!!!
I can barely take it inside.
I usually end up sticking my head in the freezer for a good 5 minutes to cool off!
Feels nice in there, ahhh!
Speaking of freezers, ours has gotten a lot more use these days.
According to THIS article, freezing some of your favorite foods might help lower
your body’s temperature.
So I did what every normal overheated hormonal woman does and stuck our
favorite drinks and eats in the freezer.
Not your average use for a freezer but hey, it works! I have to say, the frozen yogurt cups are by far my favorite. I try to eat a frozen lara bar or some frozen smoothies in the morning before I teach outdoor conditioning and so far it has worked well. My core temp is cooled off for the time being.
Can’t Beat the Heat Circuit
warm up 10 minutes light jog/skips/high knees
- 10 on each leg- lunge/twist with weigh or medicine ball
- 10 dive bomber burpees (think dive bomber push up with a burpee after)
- 10 jump lunges and swing (jump lunge twice with weight overhead then swing med ball or weight to one side like a wood chop)
- 20 squat hops
- 20 scissor kicks
- 10 froggy to plank push up (start in this position them jump back to plank and add a push up)
- Repeat 4-5x ( we only got through 4 rounds due to time and it was TOUGH)
cool down with easy spin on bike/stretch
What’s favorite food are you freezing these days? Can you run in 100+F temps.
I bet this “Freaking Awesome” Arizona Runner can!
Cheers to Freezer Friday!
p.s.Good luck to all those racing this weekend. Lots of luck to Nora and Beth racing Boulder 70.3!!!!