So like I said, I’m at the airport. Waiting for my flight home, reflecting on the HIGHS and LOWS of this weekend. The lows not being in our control shall soon be forgotten, but the HIGHS will NEVER be forgotten and thank God for that!
- paying $200 for a bike box to travel
- having to drop out of the race while still being in top 5. Two flats on the bike and no more spare tires. The hubs was escorted back to transition with this look on his face. Don’t you just want to hug him?
When this is your profession, it can be tough to stand and watch as the other pro men finish, but He did. He stood and cheered on his fellow athletes! Now that’s a true athlete (in my humble opinion, hehe.)
the HIGHS ……..(so many to be thankful for)
- the PEOPLE! Like I said before..so many great people that we got to meet and make connections with. The race directors, the volunteers, other athletes, the locals, etc. (Sue, Tawnee, Krista, Jim, Carrie, Sam… you all know we just adore you!)
- The weather. It was perfect. Blue sky, no wind, lots of sun.
- For me, just being able to see the hubs race is always a blessing. But this race was different. It was like his mental block was gone and all that hard work and strength was clearly visible. 2nd out of the water and on the bike course.
- And last but not least, the beautiful Spabettie (Kristina). Her and sweet Basil came out to watch the race and say hello.
How amazing are blog friends? Truly Amazing!
I made her try out the RECOVERY BOOTS as well post race. hehe!
So there you have it folks. The highs and lows of life. But I think the Highs FAR outweigh the lows.
I’ve got more to share, but I think I’ll just soak this in for now. My flight awaits.
Lets hope its smooth sailing yet again.
The hubs told the airline agent about his race and she waived the 2nd half of his bike fee. That’s good stuff!