So after last week’s feast and festivities in the kitchen, I kinda lost my motivation for making me and the hubs made from scratch dinners. EEK! Lucky for me, he’s easy to please so this was a “small thing” that I could let go of. I did end up with one decent meal concocted of whatever was left in my fridge, once again. Sorry hubs, I promise to go to the store and buy real food this weekend!
Fully Unloaded Skillet Potatoes and Eggs:Ingredients:
- 2 eggs (to poach on top)
- 1 large russet or sweet potato (I used russet)
- 1 can organic garbanzo beans
- 1 cup frozen kale
- 1 cup diced veggie burger patty (homemade or store bought- I used GF sunshine burgers)
- minced garlic (to taste)
- salt/pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp oil (I used grapeseed)
- 1/4 cup GF hoisin sauce
- Dice potato and partially steam in microwave (about 2-3 minutes)
- add it to skillet with garlic, salt/pepper, and 1 tbsp oil
- add in your drained garbanzo beans, kale, and veggie burger. Mix well.
- Cook well for 2-3 minutes. Then add your hoisin sauce and cook until potatoes are done and kale is fully cooked. Then set aside.
- Break your eggs into an egg poached. I used our quick and easy microwavable egg poacher. I have to admit, the egg poacher looks like boobs to me. haha.
- Place egg poacher in microwave for 45 seconds to a minute. (can you see how lazy I was? ha!)
- Once eggs are done, place on top of potato skillet mix and serve up with a side of HODGE PODGE BREAD!
No sweat, literally. It was another hodge podge meal but I am SO okay with that and luckily the hubs is too.
Speaking of sweat, I’ve got a killer track/treadmill workout to post this weekend. Do I dare post another playlist??
Hope you are able unload your stress and enjoy the season for what it is!