Okay, moving on. Lets talk GROWTH! You see, I am not a “goal” setting person. In fact, goal setting stresses me out. I get anxiety just thinking about them. I am the type of person who freaks if they are not meeting their goals. Don’t get me wrong, goals are great and many people handle them well, but for me, not so much. Instead, I like to focus on GROWTH opportunities. I like to look at what areas in my life I can “grow” in…….the spiritual , physical, and/or emotional. This month, time management is a huge struggle but I see it as a “growth” opportunity. A time where I can learn how to “not sweat the small stuff” and focus on priorities. One way to do this is to become more efficient in my everyday routine. That means spending less time on social media sites (at least for now) and focusing on getting my tasks done. It means planning out my week versus planning out my day. It means making my workouts more fun and effective versus spending way too much time on the same old boring routine.
So here you have it, the perfect growth opportunity workout. You can do this on the treadmill, stairmill, or elliptical. Walk it, run it, climb it! All you need to know are the miles and speed!
Get ‘er done!
GO (growth opportunity) speed workout
- Warm up 1 mile easy
- three progressive 400’s (.25 mile)- get faster with each 400m.
- Recover (walk or easy run) for a 400m (.25 mile)
- repeat this 2-5x depending on your TIME MANAGEMENT
- Cool down 1/2 mile to 1 mile easy.
Need some tunes to go with that??? Another playlist below. Some electronic mixes, but great for cardio!
- Absolutely Still 3:58 Paper Empire- Better Than Ezra
- Tonight (feat. John Cooper) 4:21 Tonight -tobyMac
- So Happy I Could Die 3:55 The Fame Monster -Lady GaGa
- & Down 4:20 Oi Oi Oi Boys- Noize
- It Is What It Is 3:21 Smoke & Mirrors -Lifehouse
- Ruby 3:24 Yours Truly, Angry Mob- Kaiser Chiefs
- From Yesterday 4:07 A Beautiful Lie -30 Seconds to Mars
- The Reeling 4:48 Manners- Passion Pit
- Blah Blah Blah (feat. 3OH!3) 2:52 Animal- Ke$ha
- Never Miss a Beat 3:07 Off With Their Heads- Kaiser Chiefs
- Percussion Gun 3:08 It's Frightening -White Rabbits
- Ave Mary A 3:16 Funhouse - P!nk
- Get Back Up 3:15 Tonight Deluxe Edition -tobyMac
- Magic Bus 5:17 Mad Kidz - EP Crookers
- Warp 7.7 3:53 Warp - Single The Bloody Beetroot
And last but not least, here’s the hub’s “growth opportunity.” He’s been challenging himself to see just how long his “fro” can get before January 1st. I guess you could say he’s been working on letting go of vanity….haha. JOKING!
Hair a few months ago…..
Hair now! Still a month to go before cutting…..EEK!
Just look at the volume! Crazy guy.
What are your “growth opportunities” that you are working on? Did you see Lisa’s? She’s eating a lot more veggies this month. Check out her post here.
I’ll be sharing (I mean giving) away a lot of my favorite products. My holiday present to YOU. Just call me OPRAH! But please don’t start screaming and jumping up and down, that’s just annoying. hehe.
Recipe tweaking. Stay tuned for some Gluten Free Sugar & Spice Arrowroot Cookies/biscuits. (Thanks to Bre for the recipe idea).
Have a great weekend. Enjoy TIME well spent!
GOOOO DORRY!! Good luck on your half marathon tomorrow!