Anyway, after the big TG feast I had tons of leftovers. But it wasn’t really food. It was more of a “hodge podge” of leftover ingredients. Ya know, a little bit of this a little bit of that, etc. According to Webster's Dictionary, a Hodge Podge is a heterogeneous mixture : jumble. That’s spot on of what my pantry and fridge looked like. But shall I let it go to waste? NO WAY! This was a chance for me to get in the kitchen once again. The Hodge Podge pantry consisted of rolled oats, butternut squash puree, raw honey, and just a couple scoops of flax meal.
Hmmmm, what's a girl to do? I was still craving starchy goodness so I figured I’d try out Joanna’s quick rolls and tweak it “Cotter Style” with these ingredients. I also decided to make it into thin crust/flat bread versus rolls. Either would be delicious though!
Thanks for the inspiration Joanna, your such a brilliant baker!
Hodge Podge Flat bread
- 2 Eggs
- 2-3 tbsp. softened butter
- 1 1/2 T Honey
- 2 tbsp. flax meal
- 1/2 cup butternut squash puree
- 1/2 cup Flour (I used GF all purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup GF rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cup Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/2 t Baking Soda
- 1/2 t Salt
- cinnamon (optional)
- vanilla extract (optional)
- In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, butter, and honey. In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir. Spread on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Makes about 18-20 thin slices. I cut them up into triangles. Goes great with peanut butter and/or jam. Even better if served with NUTELLA!
Obviously my eyes were intrigued. Hodge Podge flat bread success!
Other ideas for Hodge Podge Bread- add mashed banana, nuts, pumpkin, dark chocolate chips. Sheesh, the list is endless! Let me know if you try it.
Speaking of Hodge Podge, my friend Lauren requested a playlist for the TG burnout circuit. So here’s my hodge podge list of tunes.
1. Tighten Up / The Black Keys 3:31
2. We No Speak Americano / Yolanda Be Cool & Dcup 4:30
3. Tonight (I'm Lovin' You) [feat. Ludacris & DJ Frank E] / Enriq... 3:52
4. I Like That / Richard Vission & Static Revenger Starring Luci... 5:08
5. Gold Guns Girls / Metric 4:05
6. Right This Second / Deadmau5 7:49
7. Heads Will Roll / Yeah Yeah Yeahs 3:41
8. Grenade / Bruno Mars 3:42
9. Raise Your Glass / P!nk 3:23
10.Forget You / Cee Lo Green 3:44
11. Rocking With the Best 2007 / Laidback Luke 7:52
12.Coming Home (feat. Skylar Grey) / Diddy - Dirty Money & Sk... 3:59
13.Stereo Love / Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina 4:08
14.What's My Name? (feat. Drake) / Rihanna & Drake 4:25
15. I'm In Love (Original Mix) / Alex Gaudino 6:00
16.Thinking of You / Solitaire 8:14
17.Strip Me / Natasha Bedingfield 3:30
Are you tired of me saying hodge podge yet? Sorry, I have an addiction to old sayings. Once again, it runs in the family.
LCp.s.- Please keep my friend Eden and her family in your prayers. She could also use a lot of virtual hugs right now!