- you’ve either worked too hard or not enough
- you’ve studied till the wee hours of the night or crammed last minute
- you’ve worked out everyday or not all
- you’ve practiced good eating habits or thrown them out the window
- you’ve had runner’s high or struggled to get out the door
- you’ve been 10 minutes early or 10 minutes late
- you’ve stayed cool and collected or stressed to the max
- Either way------> you’ve survived!
So here’s to A LONG weekend. Our chance to break free from routine, to recharge, to reboot. A weekend away from the desk, away from the computer, away from any weekly obligations, etc.
Maybe it will go a little like this….
- A movie night with friends or family
- A Saturday full of exploring
- A long run or a ride in the sun
- A date night with a cutie
- A brunch or coffee date with old friends
- A nap on a lazy afternoon
- A trip to the farmers market just for samples
- A slow quiet Sunday morning
- A Sunday sermon that touches your heart.
- A Holiday picnic in the park
The Perfect Picnic Sandwich
Protein Rich Devil Egg Salad
- 2 Hard Boiled Egg
- 1/4 cup Cottage Cheese (I use Daisy brand, it has the best texture and very creamy)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- black pepper and sea salt
- dash of paprika
- Favorite bread (I used Udi’s GF bread but I think Pita would also be lovely)
- cucumber or romaine lettuce to add crunch
- And the secret ingredient- 1 tsbp Thousand Island or French Dressing – Organic Ville Make a great Gluten and Dairy free dressing.
- slice up your eggs and empty out the yolk into a separate bowl. Add the cottage cheese, dressing, and remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Layer it onto your bread, add the sliced egg whites, and romaine/cucumber. DONE!
- For an extra kick, add in jalapenos. To make it even more savory, butter your bread before. Now that’s how grandma did it!
Since I felt like a kid eating this sandwich the other day, I decided to even it out with a beer!
Now that’s what I call a perfect picnic…..for a man! '
I truly hope that WE can take advantage of the time we have this weekend.
Time to decompress, yes, but also to count our blessings, to feel like a kid again, to SAVOR our freedom.
How do you spend your weekends?
I am trying out the INTENSE DEBATE comment thread. Many people said they could not comment before on my posts, so PLEASE let me know if you are now able to and if you like this better. K?
and now I've lost all the comments that were left from earlier today, so I apologize if yours is gone, ugh. Will be working on restoring a comment thread this weekend. SHEESH!