So this post is my Ode. An Ode to Rollin Old School. An Ode to “embracing the suck” of technology. And really so much more.
Let the SARCASM begin.
(note: this is based on my personal experience, so feel free to LOL!).
You know you’re Old School with technology when…….
- You’ve attempted to upgrade software and all hell breaks loose. Therefore, from now on, upgrades are only allowed with supervision.
- You’re afraid of tweet deck. Where in the world do you even look on that thing? huh?
- Other bloggers laugh at your camera when you whip it out to take pictures. What? You mean having a camera that is as old as you are is not cool? I like to call it vintage.
Even part of the lens protectors are missing. It’s the worn out look.
How to take really good self portraits.
- It takes you a full day to write a post. 30 minutes to actually write it and 7 hours to upload pictures from your 1980’s camera and computer software.
- You only wear your Garmin on recovery runs because it literally is so big it slows you down.
- Trying to fancy up your blog only makes things worse. By the end of the day you’ve given up and result to pouring a glass of wine. Hmm….maybe this why I like wine so much.
- Your best friends feel sorry for you and offer to make your blog look cooler. How else do you think I got a new header? Haha, I really don’t know what I’d do without Dorry.
- You try to work an iPhone but instead end up “butt” dialing someone in Europe.
- The words server and cookies are only familiar to you in a bakery. That reminds me, we’re out of milk.
- And last but not least……you finally get a TV but it takes 30 minutes to find a good spot for the antenna in order for those 5 channels to magically appear.
Now I hope you enjoyed that, and I am sure a few of you can relate. I do realize we are VERY FORTUNATE to have just the simplest things, and I try to not take that for granted.
I felt I needed a light hearted post in order to bring a smile to your face, and to my face for that matter.
So for now, the Cotters are off to embrace what they do best…..
Eat, Sleep, Cook, Train, Repeat.
Have a MEMORABLE MEMORIAL day!
LC (the old school baller)
Uh ya, intense debate ate all those previous comments in THIS post. They are somewhere in internet la la land. I finally got Disqus back, so sorry if you can’t comment. Story of my life. haha!