“Count your Blessings.”
I forgot that I had programmed that. You see, a while back I had randomly picked days on my computer calendar to set off a reminder. A reminder that said just that…”Count your Blessings.” What perfect timing, before the busy hustle bustle of the day begins, I can quiet my mind and count.
I open up my prayer journal and begin to write. These are not prayers, more like praises. Praises that leave no room for complaints.
The coffee is gone and I must eat my breakfast and get my things together. Oh wait, before I forget, there is one prayer to write……..
“I pray that I remember to count these blessings DAILY because life’s too short to let them slip by.”
A PEAR of Blessings "Bite"
I made these HEALTHY BITES a last year for a flavor of the month. The ingredients are so soothing together and just make me HAPPY!
- 1/2 cup gluten free cereal (I use either brown rice crispies or GF amaranth/corn flakes)
- 1/2 heaping cup chopped nuts or seeds (I used almonds but pumpkins seeds also work well.)
- 1/2 tsp ginger (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5oz dried unsulphured pear
- 1.5 heaping spoon of almond butter
- 1/4c honey
- 2 tsp flaxmeal (optional)
Best enjoyed with Greek yogurt or coconut ice cream!
Did you count today? If not, stop, do it now. It will make you smile!
Happy Mushy Monday (right Sable?)