I am so glad she does this because it really challenges me to get out of my comfort zone with picture taking and meals. Good spring cleaning of the mind there. This WIAW also allows me to focus on those nourishing and gut cleansing foods. Lets take a look, shall we?
Here are just a few good gut eats from today.
Organic Pinto beans with tamari and wasabi hummus on a Gluten Free Udi’ bagel
My first love, I mean second love. Sorry hubs.
Had to make some Healthy Bites for April’s Flavor of the Month. It’s a new flavor and I’ll put it up on Facebook in a few weeks. It’s definitely DELICIOUS!! Took a few for myself.
And now lets round it all out with some more veggies, avocado sweet potato, and spicy tempeh and pinto bean mash with brewers yeast. All good superfoods!
okay okay, enough food talk. What about Spring Cleaning for the Body via SWEAT!? Did you know that sweat actually cleanses the skin? Check out this article for the facts.
Why not sweat with this workout today. A good cleanse for the skin and muscles.
WHAT I WORKED WEDNESDAY (WIWW)
It’s interval day. I call this 5 by 5’s!
warm up with cardio 5 to 10 minutes
- hill repeats on a short hill. You can do this on the treadmill, bike, or elliptical. Make the hill last 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- 5 forward hill repeats, 5 backwards
- 5 single leg hops forward/backward with the right leg, followed but 5 single leg burpees. (Repeat set 5 times on each leg).
- 5 pushup with a core twist then 5 mountain climbers (repeat 5x)
- 5 side kicks with weights on shoulder (5 on each leg) followed by 5 power squat jumps (repeat 5 x)
- 5 pike press pushups followed by 5 tucks or pikes on stability ball (repeat 5x)'
- 5 side burpees (alternating sides) followed by 5 side plank raises (repeat 5x).
Anybody Spring “Cleanse” with food and sweat today? I hope so!
Need some encouragement about why you do what you do? You gotta read THIS POST then. It’s a good one!