What’s Working is…………
First of all, a little retail therapy from World Market
My new Wine Rack!! I love it!! Got it for $50 marked down from $199. Now that’s a steal! World Market, you just made my week.
Secondly, good products! Thanks to CSN Kitchenware for a fabulous find. How did I go without a toaster oven for so long?
This one has a built in Toaster and it fits perfectly I my tiny kitchen. I am seriously obsessed. Now I can make a yummy breakfast in NO TIME! Yes, those are my Udi’s bagels! hehe.
And last but not least, more FUEL COOKIES!! The hubs really liked my first batch with his 4+ hour ride, so I decided to make another round, different Flavor of course.
(GF) Banana Pineapple & Pretzel
Ingredients and More:Nutrition Facts Per Cookie: Calories 63.2 Fat 1.6 g Sodium42.9 mg Potassium 39.6 mg Carbohydrate 10.5 g Fiber 1.0 g Sugars 7.7 g Protein 2 g
Directions: Place pineapple rings in food processor, blend until it makes one big batter (thick and sticky). Transfer into bowl and add in remaining ingredients. Mix with hands (yes, I am classy like that). Roll into balls and flatten with hand into cookies. Place on wax paper and store in freezer. Makes around 16-18 cookies.
- 1/2 lb. bag of dried pineapple rings (equivalent to about 8-10 dried rings)- Natural sugars/carbohydrates used for quick ENERGY and restoring glycogen.
- 1 serving protein (30grms)- I used Jay Robb Pina Colada. You can use vanilla as well. – protein to support muscles.
- 2 tbsp Nuttzo. If you don't have Nuttzo, use 2 tbsp chunky nut butter – Good source of fat for slow release energy.
- 3 heaping tbsp crushed banana chips- potassium rich natural energy.
- 1 tbsp chia seed and 1 tsp flax seeds.- Chia seeds are contain a good source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. They are also rich in fiber, protein, amino acids, antioxidants, and a lots of different nutrients, (including calcium, B vitamins, zinc, boron, potassium, copper and phosphorus).Check out THIS article for how they effect glycogen storage.
- 1 tbsp honey-
- vanilla extract or vanilla stevia.
- 1 handful crushed GF pretzels- gluten free carbs for energy
So there you have it. This is WHATS WORKING WEDNESDAY! I’d rather not going into what’s not working. I’m on a high here. haha!
What's working for you today? I know there’s something!
My husband is from Christchurch, New Zealand. They were struck with a major earthquake on Monday. Our family is all safe (thank you GOD), but there are many other people hurt and lots of damage done. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.