There is something on my mind today that just needed to be shared. No, it has nothing to about nutrition, recipes, workouts, etc. But I hope it leaves you feeling happy, warm, and peaceful. Just what we all need on a Monday.
My dad sent us this picture yesterday. It’s a picture he took on the deer lease when he and the hubs went hunting a few months back. When I opened it, all I could do is stare. Every inch of this picture captivated me.
captivating - capturing interest as if by a spell; attractive - pleasing to the eye or mind especially through beauty or charm. to attract and hold the attention or interest of, as by beauty or excellence; enchant (source).
- The beauty of God’s creation shown at day break.
- The deer nourishing off the earth
- The stillness of the water
- The quiet sounds of the morning (I can just imagine).
So why talk about this? Because there is so much in life that captivates us, yet we never pause to enjoy it. We never sit and enjoy it beauty in that moment.
- The love of friends, family, spouses.
- The person who never gives up hope on their dreams, no matter how big or small.
- The way a little bit of encouragement can be paid forward to so many others. (Read Angie’s story here. Amazing!)
What Captivated you today? Will you stop and enjoy its charm?
The sappiness is over. I blame it on Valentines day! hehe.