The in between…..
- Not a good day but not a bad day.
- Not a good meal but not one to savor.
- Not really burnt out but pretty close to overdoing it (that’s me).
- Not really injured but kinda feeling like your on the edge one (that’s me again).
- Not really in a funk but not really embracing life.
- Not really eating right but not really making it a top priority to do so either.
- Not a great wife, friend, sister, etc. but not a bad one either (and once again, pretty sure that’s me).
- Ease up on training that day and instead take a friend to yoga with you. (Thank you Balance Yoga Austin for that today!)
- Block off a couple hours in order to make a delicious nourishing meal for your family.
Lemon Dill Artic Char- finally a good fresh meal for the Cotters!
- Make something special for someone else (s loved one, a friend, a co-worker). Heck, that’s what we’re all about. Utilize those baking abilities!!
(for those “in between” moments on your rides, runs, etc).
Ingredients and WHY:
- 7oz Unsulphured Mission Figs
- For Potassium and Natural sugars (carbohydrates)
- 1/2 cup Raw Cashews and 1/3 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- For good fat and natural energy (calories)
- an anti-inflammatory spice
- 1/2 Brown Rice Crispies cereal
- for good whole grains and carbs
- 1 tbsp. Gluten Free Brewers Yeast
- For B vitamins and Iron
Blend everything in food processor, roll into a ball, then flatten with hand. Store in freezer for later use. Makes around 11-12 cookies.
THE FACTS (per cookie):
Calories 98.5 Total Fat 4.3 g Saturated Fat 1.9 g Sodium 21.5 mg Potassium 123.9 mg Carbohydrate 14.6 g Fiber 2.2 g Sugars 9.2 g Protein 2.0 g
Which makes them perfect for refueling mid ride refuel or long run, or so we hope! The real test comes tomorrow when the hubs has a 4+ hour ride. So stay tuned. But as of now, we sure to like eating them as snacks!
Okay okay, so back to my main point here. Have you ever felt “in between?” If so, what's your go to solution?
The hubs always tells me to “switch the focus.” I like that motto. I am pretty sure he likes it too because the focus goes to him!