- Catch up on work, clean, and bake like crazy so that he returns with lots of good food at hand.
- Spend some “me” time watching chick flicks, a little yoga, and/or grabbing coffee with a friend. Mel, you better be free later!
- Catch up on blogs, TO DIE FOR bandwagon recipes, and just plain dilly dallying.
The first time around I kept it simple. Chickpea flour, a little salt, a little GF Brewers Yeast, and a little peanut flour.
Can you tell I liked it? Oh heavens YES! The bad news is I’m not sure I will be able to save any for the hubs. Guess that means there should be a round 2 of Socca making. Maybe THIS RECIPE from the TWINS will be next!
Lets continue down the blogger bandwagon weekend, shall we? Speedy Matt from THE ATHLETE’s PLATE tagged me in the Seven Blog awards. What perfect timing! It’s the weekend, I got more time. I’m gonna do it!
The Rules Link the person who awarded you. Post 7 random facts about yourself. Pass the award on to 7 other bloggers.
So here goes nothing. Lets see if you can pay attention here.
- I’m have a slight obsession with condiments. I almost need a whole separate plate just for them at dinner. Here’s my favorite!
- I like small fruits only. Small apples, small banana, small mangoes, kiwi, plums, apricots. I think it’s the “cute” factor.
- The Hubs played the “accent” card when I first met him and I totally fell for it. He’s from New Zealand. Nowadays, the accent is gone. Hmmm…….funny how that works.
- We have 10 different jars of nut butters in our house. The hubs and I keep a specific spare spoon out right by the jars so we can grab some throughout the day. Don’t worry, we clean it every time. It’s our own Nut Butter spoon!
- We want to move back to New Zealand. I’m hoping we get to do that this next year!
- I own a small business call HEALTHY BITES. It’s just a local operation right now but I make gluten free snack balls/bites. I started doing this two years ago when the hubs needed better fuel/recovery options for his training. The gluten filled processed bars did not leave him feeling great on and after hard training sessions. Maybe some day I’ll share more about Healthy Bites on the blog. For now, if you’re in Austin, feel free to check out Facebook for orders!
- I pray when I run outside. No iPod, just me and God. Let’s just say he’s gotten an earful lately when I’m out on my long runs. hehe!
- Kath- My funny Little Life
- Marathon Maiden
- Mama Runs Barefoot
- Eden (you know you want to Eden. hehe!)
- Livi- Little Health Junkie
- Chuck- Fearless Food
- Jen- Peas and Crayons