focal point - the concentration of attention or energy on something (source)
So yes, back to focus/focal point. You staying with me here? I have a point. This recovery focus made me realize that I have a focal point. And that is to be the best “me” I can be at this present moment. Not looking at the past or in the future, quality “me” right now. That means it will be a day to day good “intention.”
That being said, yesterday I tried to be the best “me” by cooking a good meal. One that the hubs would put at the top of his list. A SIMPLE meal full of nutrients, love, and of course TASTE!
Black Bean PB Pasta
- 1 bag GF Black Bean Spaghetti (lovely Kristina sent me this awesome stuff!!!)
- 1 cup chopped grape tomatoes
- 2-3 tbsp. peanut flour ( could also used 1 heaping tbsp. melted PB)
- 1 tbsp. oil or 2 tsp. butter (I used kerrygold butter)
- 2-3 tbsp. GF brewers yeast (could also use nutritional yeast)
- garlic and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- Optional add ins- tempeh, cooked chicken, beef, shrimp, tofu, etc.
Make pasta according to directions. Rinse pasta, set back into pot on low heat. Add in PB flour, Vinegar, oil, and Brewers Yeast. Mix well. Throw in your remaining spices, tomatoes, and optional add ins. Stir again and cover pot. Let it steam the tomatoes and infuse the juices to the pasta while covered for about 5 minutes on low to medium heat. If it starts to dry out, add in a little broth or sometimes I like to add in red wine. You can also add in more spice, like chili pepper or paprika.
eek, sorry for the blurry pic. I guess I was rushing to eat this plate of goodness! And yes, the Hubs approved. It made his list. Phew!
So tell me, did you do the Focus Challenge? If so, how did it go? Any Focal Points out there?
too many questions for this early in the week, I know.
Janae, the broccoli addition was for you! You got me craving it like no other this week.