Make Healthy bites for clients
Saturday Vendor Sampling at CATZ
Long run (up early to beat the rain)
Home Workout on TRX
Meet with Nutrition Client
Train 2 clients at WB (Wild Basin)
Make Apple Cinnamon Protein Coffee Cake for Hubby
Laundry and wash sheets (YUCK!!)
CHECK IT ALL OFF BABY! Now I really want a nothing weekend!
Here's the hubs doing some TRX. Side plank with feet in TRX straps.
And myself (I look a little worn out from it already, eek!)
Today I am Janetha's Amazing Apple Cinnamon Protein Coffee Cake. I made the gluten free/lactose free version. This rocked my world. Thanks G$$ (thats my nickname for Janetha's future married named).
Here's my GF/Lactose Free Version.
1/2 cup Amaranth Flour
2 servings 100% whey vanilla protein powder (Mine has 23g protein per serving)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 TB Blue Agave nectar
1 TB Butter (I use Irish Kerri Gold Butter, YUM!)
1 TB grapeseed oil (or olive oil)
2 large egg whites or 6 TB carton egg whites
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup 0% greek yogurt (i used lactose free cottage cheese instead)
1/2 of a medium granny smith apple, sliced into small pieces
3 tsp cinnamon, divided
1/4 cup slivered almonds (I used chopped pecans)
3 TB organic sugar substitute (I used sugar crystals)
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees. spray a 5 x 7 baking pan with cooking spray, set aside.
2. toss sliced apples with 1 tsp cinnamon.
3. spray a small skillet with cooking spray and cook apples over medium heat, until tender. set aside
4. combine pecans, sugar crystals substitute and remaining 2 tsp of cinnamon in a small bowl. set aside.
5. combine “dry bowl” ingredients, set aside.
6. in a separate bowl, combine sugar or agave nectar, butter and oil. mix well until you have a creamy texture
7. add egg whites and vanilla. mix well.
8. add yogurt (cottage cheese). mix well. mixture should be creamy. I actually use a mixer.
9. add the flour mixture, a little bit at a time, mixing thoroughly each time you add more.
10. pour half of the batter into the prepared baking dish.
11. place all of the apples evenly on top of mixture.
12. place half of the pecan mixture on top of the apples.
13. pour the remaining batter into the dish.
14. top with the remaining pecan mixture.
15. bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until top is golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Served it up with a little egg/veggie bake with Avocado and fruit. It was heavenly! So those are my steals for the weekend. You should definitely try them!
Enjoy the last bit of your Sunday. Cheers!