Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sunday Simplicity

Awww Sundays......you are so good and simple! Today the hubs and I slept in (sleeping in is 6am to me, LAME I know). We enjoyed way to much sushi and wine last night but totally worth it. hehe!

Anyway, today is an active recovery day for moi and the hubs had a long run. I decided to take advantage of mom and dad time and convinced them to meet me at the green belt for a little hike with the pups. It was wonderful!


I beat the husband back home and decided to surprise him with some yummy post run breaky. I just have to say thank you ALYSON for this simple protein pancake recipe. I added more fixins to the batter. The results.....simply irresistible. (had to throw that line in there, haha).

Simple Low-Carb Protein Pancake (Gluten Free)


1 scoop of your favorite low-carb Protein Powder (I used Life Basics Vanilla)

3 tbsp Egg Whites

1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar

1 tsp almond extract

Dash of almond milk

Cocoa Amazing Grass Super food

Blend everything together with a hand mixer, then bake like a regular pancake stove top

Topping:
Spread Sunflower Nut Butter of pancakes when warm. Then combine orange marmalade, Daisy cottage cheese, cinnamon, orange zest, and pour on top. I also drizzled them with a little Agave nectar.




Now I am ready to conquer some laundry before we head off to church!

Cheers and Happy Mother's Day and Pancake Sunday!
LC

9 comments:

april said...

Those pancakes look fabulous! I made kabocha ones today!

Megan D said...

Pancake Sunday.. now there is a tradition I need to start!!

Morgan said...

yum! I love cooking pancakes or waffles on the weekend. It makes the day feel so special.

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

yyummmmy pancakes and i love Sunflower Nut Butter!

Steph said...

Hey I've been following your blog for a bit. I'm trying to get out of the calorie counting realm but was wondering what a 'typical day' of eating & training looks like for you. I'm starting to train for triathlons but am having a hard time finding a good balance... trying not to overkill the carbs but don't know if I'm getting enough overall to perform & recover. Thanks in advance!

Unknown said...

Yea for triathlons! Send me your email or follow me on twitter and we can DM. You can also talk to my husband about this as he has experience with the right foods/triathlon training.
Thanks Steph!

Anonymous said...

i'm always looking for new pancake recipes to try. looks good, thanks!

Lindsay Cotter said...

Yea for triathlons! Send me your email or follow me on twitter and we can DM. You can also talk to my husband about this as he has experience with the right foods/triathlon training.
Thanks Steph!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) said...

yyummmmy pancakes and i love Sunflower Nut Butter!