Read the sign…falling rock. Can you relate? I can.This is actually a picture I took while driving home into our neighborhood the other day. It’s beautiful. The green trees, the blue sky, the trails, etc. All except that sign….Falling Rock! A WARNING SIGN. To me, we often miss these signs, even though they are RIGHT in front of us and BRIGHT yellow.
We all live with stress, and if we are unaware of the warning signs, we might just let it fall down hard on us. We want to be able to control it all, our daily living, job, finances, deadlines, etc., but we can’t always do that.
We are human, not super human, right?
So what gives? How do avoid the havoc pressure of stress?
“A healthy diet minimizes and eliminates stress on your organs which enables you to better handle external and emotional stress.”
But at the same time……
“You can eat extremely healthy yet undo it all through acid producing stress and anxiety”
I guess we need to find a balance between the two. A healthy diet and limited stress. At times I feel SUPER HEALTHY and at other times I just feel SUPER STRESSED. I never thought to look at both diet and atmosphere….DUH!
I remembered reading about foods that help de-stress the body when going through the AMAZING GRASS CHALLENGE .
I thought it might be good to refresh my memory, maybe this time ACTUALLY APPLY IT!!
There are specific natural whole foods that relax and balance the central nervous system, which is key to minimizing stress…
- Foods Rich in Vitamin B:. They support the brain and can help reduce anxiety, stress and depression.
- Foods Rich in Folate : Good for brain health. Eat--- romaine lettuce, spinach, asparagus, turnip greens, mustard greens, collard greens, broccoli, cauliflower, beets, and lentils.
- Omega fatty acids: Omega’s help to balance and support brain focus, plus they help increase mood. Eat---; salmon, coconut oil/water/milk, flax seed oil, hemp seed, chia seeds, fish oil, etc. .
- Complex carbohydrates –. These carbs are full of serotonin. Serotonin supports the the brain which helps decrease stress. Eat----oatmeal, quinoa, flaxseed, brown rice, buckwheat, legumes, squash, sweet potatoes, etc.
- Antioxidant rich foods: Help restore and manage the body’s stress. Also helps improve mood. Eat----berries and goji berries (high in vitamin C), tea (matcha, green tea), raw chocolate.
Remember these? My raw chocolate brownies? Those would be good right about now!
Lately I have come to realized just how important DIET is for my body when handling emotional stress. I saw that warning sign, falling rock. The last thing I want it to do is to come tumbling down.
It's time to de-stress.
Take a good long look at your atmosphere…….
Are there warning signs? Where do you need to de-stress?
My good friend http://myfunnylittlelife.com/ is currently doing a giveaway, which is 5 Amazon.com vouchers worth $30 (USD) each, for her thesis study. Please hop over to her blog and check it out! It’s an interesting survey that will get your mind thinking for sure!