I think Katelyn said it best with her comment….
“smiling is contagious and even if you don't feel happy, at least look happy and maybe you will convince yourself that you are!”
And you know what? It really does work! I think that’s how you know it’s a genuine act. Your heart can convince your mind to feel better. Amen to that!
So this led me to think more about the “genuineness” in life.
Genuine-.possessing the claimed or attributed character, quality, or origin; not counterfeit; authentic; real:
A Genuine smile that brightens someone’s day
A Genuine Conversation with a friend (this little birdy friend) that makes you feel loved.
Spending Genuine time with family that make you laugh and fill your heart with joy.
And finally, finding time to do what you GENUINELY love. Baking Gluten Free Goodies!
So when Laura from LOVE GROWN contacted me about trying out their Gluten Free product, I was genuinely excited! Are you getting sick of me saying genuine yet? hehe!
A gluten free granola with ingredients I liked, ingredients that were fresh, ingredients that tasted GOOD!
Well, you know me. I just had to get in the kitchen and put it to the test. Oh yes, get excited!
"Granocca" Muffin Clusters
What is granocca? You don’t know? Just kidding, I totally made it up. Actually, Eden did! She's pretty clever like that. But I like to think it’s a cross between a socca and granola, and well ya might as well through in some muffin mixture too!
Recipe adapted from here:
- 2 cups granola
- 1/2 cup GLUTEN FREE all-purpose flour (one heaping 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup Garbanzo/Chick Pea Flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 5oz milk (I used unsweetened coconut milk)
- 1/3 cup cooled, melted butter (I used KerryGold but you can use Earth Balance for Vegans)
- Sweetener of choice (1 tbsp. NuNaturals stevia baking sugar. You could also use 1/3 cup regular brown sugar or agave nectar)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten (Vegans can use 1 tbsp. flaxseed and 3 tbsp. water mixed)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare 12 cup muffin pans with paper liners. I actually used both mini muffin liners and large ones. But the batter is thick enough for 12 regular muffins.
In a large bowl, stir together the granola, flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, stir together the milk, butter, egg/flax, and vanilla extract. Pour the mixture into the granola flour mixture, and mix just enough to combine ingredients. Should be a little clumpy. Try not to overmix.
Use a spoon to scoop batter into the muffin cups approximately 2/3 full. Bake at 400F for about 20 minutes.
I just love my colorful muffins liners.
Gosh these are good! The texture is similar to a scone/muffin with the taste of socca bread and granola combined. It GENUINELY warmed my soul! And the hubs downed about half the batch last night. I think it might be time to go hide a few for me.
And because LoveGrown Foods is so genuine, they want to you to be able to try their granola for yourselves. Want some?
- Check out their website and tell me what you like about “their story.
- Tell me what genuine act has happened to you recently. Come on, you know you have one!
- Tell me if your sick of my mushy posts and giveaways. JUST KIDDING! Don’t do that, you know I just go with the flow here. hehe!
I’ll announce the random winner next Monday.
Here’s to a week full of “genuineness!”