Word of the week is BURRRR!!! I’m a Texas and Hawaii Girl, below 65F and I am cold. This artic chll with 4 degree temps is just not cool (no pun intended). You see, yesterday our great state decided to not tell us about the rolling blackouts they were conducting, so we got stuck without power all day. Even my work was out of power. No teaching class, no training run, no getting warm, not even baking! Oh well. Not the best situation, but whatch gonna do?
We decided to head out and look for warmth. Luckily the hot yoga studio was open, score! I could have stayed in that room all day! After my mini sweat and stretch, I basically put my sweats and beanie back on and waited for power.
Hey, I can make light of the situation, right?
Anyway, now on to the number 8. I realized today, this number has been the theme around here the past few days.
- the number of hours our power was out
- the wind chill degree yesterday (ya, that’s cold for us southerners)
- the number of places we went to escape the cold.
- the hours of sleep I got last night bundled up under layers of blankets
- the time of morning I actually got to the gym today, yea!
- the number of speed sets I did the treadmill
- the number of miles I ran
- the minutes I spent afterwards working on core/strength
- the time of night I am actually writing this.
Your Speed Eights Sets:
Warm up 7-10 minutes
- 1 minute Half Marathon pace, 90 seconds recovery run/walk, 1 minute 10k race pace, 90 seconds recovery. (REPEAT 2-3x)
- 1 minute 10k race pace, 90 second recovery run/walk, 1 minute 5k race pace, 90 second recovery run/walk. (REPEAT 2-3x)
- 1 minute 5k race pace, 90 second recovery run/walk, 1 minute fast mile pace, 90 second recovery run/walk. (REPEAT 1-2x). this one should leave you wiped!
I ended up doing 3x, 3x, 2x= 8x! SWEAT was on. I think it was because the hubs was next to me on the treadmill doing speed work too. I like to think I can get as fast as him sometimes, haha!
Now if that wasn’t enough, I decided to 8 minutes of power or as my hubs calls it, 8 minutes of pain.
- 1 minute jump squats
- 1 minutes plank walks
- 1 minute triceps pushups (each side)
- 90 second bicycle crunches
- 90 seconds burpees
- 1 minute scissor kicks.
Ain’t she pretty?!
What's your number theme this week, if any? Do you have a story to tell about this artic blast? Do tell!
Stay warm out there.
tomorrow I will announce the Amazing Grass winner. One day left, sweet!