Thursday, January 27, 2011

Swim Session II & thoughtful YOU!

For some reason, this week has flown by. I think it's because I’ve been thrown a few curve balls, but no worries, I managed to hit a few. You know why? Thoughtfulness. This week has been full of thoughtfulness.

Just when I am feeling tired, overwhelmed, etc. I get a little note on Facebook.
  • Kris to Lindsay Cotter
    I hope you are having a great day, Beautiful!! Keep smiling :) xxoo
    Thank you Kris. You don’t know how much that meant to me at the time. You are AMAZING!
And Just when I thought I was slacking on being a good friend, pen pal, blog buddy, etc., I received this. (sorry for the blackberry pic).untitled
Thank you Bre! You made my day, my week! A care package full of Canadian goodies. I am so grateful for friends like you.

And I am even more thankful for MAPLE GOODNESS!OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
The hubs was thankful for his gift as well!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Side note: His new favorite sandwich is a marmite/red pepper jelly/cream cheese combo.

The hubs also surprised me with his thoughtfulness this week. He took time out of his busy day to film the rest of the swim videos and even surprised me with a HAIRCUT! Clean Cut Hubs is lookin’ Good!

What do you think? Do you miss his Fro?
james pool

Again, I want to THANK YOU! Many of you have encouraged me with this week. Your thoughtfulness has made each day brighter! I only hope I can do the same in return.

 
“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.”
Winnie the Pooh

Okay, no more mushy talk. Let’s get to the point here. Three videos all about swimming (the first one is just me explaining the other videos, haha). 

the preview
freestyle
drills

Tell me, are you are up for the challenge? Will you try you hand out at swimming? It’s the best form of cross training for all you runners!

If you are a swimmer, did this help with technique?

And lastly, what thoughtful thing has someone done for you this week?

Cheers,
LC

2 comments:

Erika - Dr. TriRunner said...

james has really fantastic form!! i will have to work on the 10-3-10 and some other rotation drills... my rotation on the right side is fine but my left side stays pretty flat in the water. and I'm even a bi-lateral breather!!! uuugh. telling myself *just keep swimming... just keep swimming...*

Shannon said...

tell me that's a short pool? haha, i should've watched this before i went swimming tonight! I definitely rotate better to one side than the other, but i blame my ear...