But before I order all my gifts, I thought I might need to make few for the neighbors, clients, etc. You know, its like a “thank you for putting up me all year” treat! haha! I found this recipe on MDA and decided to tweak it “Cotter Crunch” style.
Hazelnut Fig Coconut Bark
- 1 cup melted coconut oil (I used Tropical Traditions)
- 1/4 cup toasted shredded coconut
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 4 large dried figs- chopped
- 1-2 tsp sweetener of choice (optional)
- 25 grams vanilla protein powder (optional)
Mix together oil, coconut, figs, protein, and nuts. Line a pan with parchment paper. Pour the oil mixture onto the parchment paper. Freeze for at least 30 minutes then remove and break apart into pieces to create bark. Store in the freezer.
I may have stolen a few pieces already!
Do you do your holiday shopping online or make gifts? I am up for any all ideas!
p.s. Need some snack ideas? Hungry Runner Girl just posted some awesome snack ideas from several different bloggers. Check it out here and here.