Yep, that was pretty much how my day went. Full of tricks and treats!No complaints here, it was a good prep day for Sunday (Halloween), haha!
- The hubs alarm goes off 20 minutes earlier today, 4:25am to be exact. TRICK!!
- I feel back asleep until 5:15am- TREAT, seriously a TREAT!
- I procrastinated getting my run started because a cold and dark. TRICK!
- The sun came out fast and warmed up the trails. TREAT!!!
- For some reason I thought it was Thursday and rushed to get HEALTHY BITES made for Thursday customers. TRICK!
- Since I made all my orders in advance, I had a little extra time to get in some Recovery Yoga. TREAT!!
- Got stuck on the phone with the insurance company trying to add on a different dental plan. TRICK!!
- This resulted in some baking therapy and a really good TREAT!!
Trick AND Treat Corn Muffins
Yes, I said trick AND treat, not OR treat. WHY? Because these muffins trick you with a hidden vegetable yet treat you with Nutella and Marshmallows. YUM!
(pic above- batter before oven baked)
- 1 cup cornmeal (yellow or blue. I used blue).
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 3/4 cup cubed butternut squash. Fresh or frozen will work
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extra
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder (33grams)- OPTIONAL
- 1/2 packet of Sugar Free Vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp. oil (I used coconut)
Blend pecans and squash together in food processor or blender. Once smooth, transfer into a bowl and add in the other wet ingredients. Set aside. Then combine all your dry ingredients (minus the marshmallows and nutella). Slowly add your dry ingredients into your wet ingredient bowl. Use a beater or stir the batter until thick and smooth. Then fold in your marshmallows. Fill 8 large or 10 small muffin cups half way with batter, then add a couple teaspoons of nutella in the middle of each muffin batter. There should be enough batter left to fill the top of each muffin. The nutella is now stuffed in the middle of the batter for each muffin. Bake at 350F for 22-25 minutes.
ENJOY your Treat!
TOTAL SCORE- Tricks 4, Treats 5! TREATFUL WEDNESAY it is!
Hope your day was full of TREATS too. Smile, its almost Friday now!