Anyway, before we left for CA, Tropical Traditions was kind enough to send me a sample of their Coconut Peanutbutter. Let me just say, we put a MAJOR dent in jar in just the 24 hours we had it before we left. It is so good that the hubs were fighting over who got the spoon. I tried it by the spoon, in my oats, in my green monsters, in my cottage cheese concoctions, on GF toast, you get the picture. DELICIOUS!
So with the little I had leftover, I decided to try it in another recipe. Remember those Raw Brownies? Well this time I decided to go BLOND! Besides, blonde's have more fun, right? hehe.
- 3/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 heaping tablespoons of tropical traditions Coconut Peanutbutter
- 2 to 3 tbsp Honey Flavored Agave Nectar or regular Honey
- 1 scoop Vanilla Sunwarrior raw protein powder (you can also substitute regular vanilla whey)
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of stevia (optional)
TOPPING (optional and not raw)- Crushed gluten free arrowroot animal cookies. The BEST ever!
- place figs and seeds in food processor
- slowly add in protein powder
- then add the agave nectar, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, stevia, and coconut peanutbutter.
- continue to blend on low until you get a thick batter
- place in a small baking pan and press to the edges
- crush cookies and sprinkle on top!
- let this refrigerate for 20 minutes or so before cutting.
Makes around 10-12 blondies.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 103 Total Fat: 6.1 g Total Carbs: 9.7 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Protein: 4 g
Its good stuff, especially with yogurt on top! I think next time I'll add in white chocolate chips but these still have that nutty sweet flavor and not overly sweet either.
Have a great weekend. I am definitely catching up on laundry and sleep.
Every week/weekend I'll post a favorite recipe find from another blogger. This week's find was from Maggie and Gesine and their Long Run Cakes!