Well, dinner time rolled around way too fast and all we wanted to do was stay in and chill since its another 4:30am wake up call tomorrow. So whats for dinner? Open faced Mushroom Burger.....simple and fast!
Here's my wing of a recipe.
- Grab a portabella mushroom.
- clean out roots ( I use a spoon)oil in the inside (I used grapeseed oil)
- season (garlic, curry, black pepper)
- Bake upside down at 400F for about 20 minutes
- layer almond cheese, veggie cheese, or regular mozzarella cheese on top of veggie burger
- Place back in oven and broil for 2 minutes or so.
- take out of oven and garnish with broccoli slaw and chalula sauce.
Serve with sweet potato and brussel sprouts and you got yourself a MEATY MEATLESS DISH. I actually didn't mean to go meatless today but its probably good we did because we doubled our vegetable intake that might have been a little neglected this weekend, haha!
Hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day! Misson Monday is back next week with an awesome vegetable salad. Sorry for the delay, but its a work in progress so stay tuned!
And congrats to all those who raced CapTex Tri today! Way to survive the heat.