Anyway, this week was full of B.A.S (Big A** Salads) and protein treats! Love it. The hubs actually loves having B.A.S for lunches/dinners so it was fun to buy lots of GREENS and Fixins. Here's a couple of our B.A.S's for the week.
Blackberry, kale, Chicken, and Avocado
Black Bean and Veggies
thrown on a bed of spinach with a litte CC (cottage cheese) topping.
On another note, I had a client request a special flavor healthy bites (these are the GF/Organic bite size snacks I make for people). See picture of them below.
Anyway, she wanted low carb high protein Peanut Butter and Chocolate. So I experimented and experimented. I ended up buying Walden Farms Peanut Butter Spread to mix into my batter with Chocolate Whey Protein and Carob Chips. The Peanut Butter Spread wasn't my favorite do to the added ingredients and splenda but heck, it was better than aspartame and low calorie, sugar free, and gluten free as she requested. Well.....the combo tasted great but didn't really hold a "ball" like most my snacks do. So then I decided to keep it and refrigerate it for a protein batter snack. And boy did I snack on that, so much my stomach was not wanting to see it ever again, haha! So since I didn't want to see the batter again, I decided to convert the rest into protein carob chip muffins. It worked! Much better for my snacking belly.
Carob Chip Protein Muffins
Makes 6-8 Muffins
- 1/4 cup carob chips
- 1/3 cup GF buckwheat flour (you can probably use other flour like wheat bran, coconut, etc as well)
- 1/4 cup ground almonds of almond meal
- 1/4 cup Rolled or Raw Oats (GF)
- 1 egg (or 2 egg white for those who fear yolk, ha ha!)
- 1.5 serving of Chocolate Whey Protein
- 1/2 cup Walden Farms Whipped Peanut Butter (if you use regular PB than switch to 1/4 to 1/3 cup).
- 1-2 tbsp honey (you can use other sweeteners if you prefer...honey just helped with consistency)
Cheers and have a great weekend!
Yes, the PB spread is NOT good alone. But combine it with chocolate and you can't go wrong. haha!