I do want to stay germ free, yes, but I also want to continue to stay stress free! The previous week I had seen a lot of warning signs for too much stress. I felt depleted, I worried a lot, and my body had done too much physical work. NOT GOOD! This is what led me to write in DON’T MESS with STRESS post. And ya know what? After writing it, I decided I really needed to take my own advice. STRIVE more to stress less. Practice what you preach, right?
- Less Running, More Recovery Yoga- done! Ran only once, and did yoga 2x. Spent time leisurely walking trails with the pups.
- Don’t teach more than 2 classes – this was hard. teaching means extra $$ which causes less worry. But honestly, it was a nice break for teaching so much lately.
- Take care of little aches and pains NOW- I felt a little pull in my calf last week so I immediately applied the Kinesio Tape. Gosh this stuff is MAGICAL!
- Don’t rush my quiet times in the morning- I definitely enjoyed getting up a little earlier so that I could spend more time reading my bible and writing in my prayer journal. It helped set the tone for the day.
- Eat WHOLESOME, get in some extra nutrients, especially protein!- Extra protein scoops to my smoothies, extra eggs to my breakfast, and extra quality calories in general. Luckily GOTEIN graciously sent me a pack of their Vanilla protein samples, so it was even easier to take protein with me when needed. No stress there!
I even added a few servings to my Cookie Dough HEALTHY BITES to pump up their nutrients.
What is this GOTEIN? Here’s a little info from their site.
Gotein is a protein supplement specifically designed for individuals on the go. Whether you are an athlete with a hectic training regimen or someone with a busy day to day schedule, Gotein is a perfect protein supplement. Designed to mix in a standard 16.9 oz water bottle, Gotein is a portable source of protein for any individual. Simply add a stick of Gotein to a standard 16.9 oz bottle of water, shake and then enjoy. Gotein provides 17 grams of protein and is the only protein drink mix that offers 24 of the essential vitamins and minerals needed to fuel the body.
My thoughts? I actually really enjoyed it mixed in my oats, almond milk, and on the go shakes. It was creamy. A slight after taste due to the whey, but I think that’s true for most whey proteins.
Now, the week has ended and I’m feeling recharged and rebooted. The daily stress is still there but my body and mind are able to handle it better. So I am bookmarking this post as a reminder. Whenever I feel the weight of stress piling up, whenever I start to see those warning signs, I will come back and read what worked and take my own advice.
Life’s to short to mess with stress, right?
Wanna try some GOTEIN yourself? The lovely folks at GOTEIN are offering to send a sample pack to one reader.
You know the drill….
- Check out GOTEIN’s website and tell me what flavor looks good.
- Like them on Facebook
- And tell me how you STRIVE to STRESS LESS. Did you do it this week?
Cheers to a stress free and healthy weekend!
Disclaimer: I was not reimbursed by GOTEIN to share my opinion. This review is solely based on my own thoughts and suggestions.