What, you mean a KSWISS Hat doesn’t count?
And just so you know, there were definitely A LOT more men than women in my spin class this morning. Priorities people!
Anywho……….. As you know, Monday I mentioned taking a Fresh Approach in life. For me, that meant taking time to sit each day and enjoy a meal with NO DISTRACTIONS! Slowing down meal times and savoring each bite, either by yourself or with a friend, spouse, loved one, etc. How have I done so far? Well its been GREAT! I still am tempted to have some kind of technology by my side, but then I think about how congested it makes me feel and suddenly I just turn everything off!!! I set the table and sit. A couple days have been by myself while the others have been with the hubs (when he is home for dinner). Talk about communication! I love how much more we share. Sheesh, I guess we don’t realize what we’re missing until we actually take time to talk to each other, right?
Here are some others that are taking a FRESH APPROACH. I just had to share!
- Holly (the runny egg) and her Husband have been enjoying meals at the table every night.
- Vanessa (Gourmet Runner)and her husband took time to sit and enjoy a nice lunch.
- Christine (aka MERF) has started a FRESH approach to health and fitness in order to shed some post baby pounds.
- And Janetha took a fresh approach in her eating this week by going sugar free.
So let’s continue down this road of FRESHNESS. Keep me updated on what FRESH approaches you are bringing to the table (ha, pun intended). For now, I will leave you with this.
Garden FRESH Healthy Bite
- 2/3 cup freeze dried just Veggies
- 1/2 cup spicy peanuts
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 2 tsbp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp oil (optional)
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 1-2 tsp chili mix powder
Place nuts, veggies, and yeast into food processor. Blend until smooth. then slowly add in your oil and spices while blending again. Transfer into a large bowl and add in cashew butter. Mix again with hands then roll into balls. Store in freezer or fridge to maintain freshness!
Makes 16 bites
- Calories: 61.0 Fat: 4.3 g Carbs: 4.1 g Fiber: 1.0 g Protein: 2.5 g
So what Fresh Approach are you taking? Anyone, anyone?….
please say a prayer for all those affected by the tornados. They could use them!