Step 1- make a chili/stew for the hubs so he’ll get better and feel nourished!
White Bean Quinoa Chili
Goes best with BLUE CORNBREAD!
(Thanks Heather for the inspiration)
- 1 cup RED quinoa ( drained and rinsed in a strainer).
- 2 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup of water
- 2/3 cup of each: celery, onion, green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp. of garlic and oregano
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tangy organic BBQ sauce or ketchup
- 1 can of organic white beans drained (I used cannellini beans )
- 2 Tablespoons of oil (opt, for added richness and taste. I used grapeseed oil)
Step 2: Call your family, tell them you love them, and go visit! Tomorrow we’ll be heading up to Dallas to visit my Nana. She’s has an amazing and kind spirit. Not one negative bone in her body! I also hope to do some cooking up in Dallas so that my parents can relax. Plus I just love to cook at home in bigger kitchen!
Call your friends and ask what you can do for them, if anything. Keep them in your prayers.
Step 3: Share the love! You see, my favorite RECOVERY DRINK (aka Honey Milk), has graciously offered a 50% discount for all readers plus a chance to win a 3 month supply of product!! This is amazing and POSITIVE deal for anyone and everyone.
Here’s the scoop:
- The coupon code is COTTER2, redeemable at Athletes Honey Milk online store: http://www.honeymilk.com/store
- The 3 month supply contest can be entered by going to their fan page. Contest entrants need to become a fan of Facebook.com/HoneyMilk if they aren't already.
- Fans then need to post "Cotter Crunch" on the wall.
- The drawing will be held on 11-1.
- GOOD LUCK!!
What's your positive thinking?
Cheers in GOOD HEALTH,