Well its a good thing he did because he WON!! Yes, finally a victory for the hubs.
According to FreeDictionary.com the definition of VICTORY is:
Success in a struggle against difficulties or an obstacle.
And that's exactly hows this victory was taken. You see, the hubs has been racing for years but became more serious as a pro triathlete in 2006. When we got married, we decided we would NOT give up on this dream and instead let God show us the path to take. There has been lots of little "break through" races but it wasn't until this year that the hubs has placed top 5 in a majority of his races. This past weekend's VICTORY definitely confirmed a lot for us! We now know that this is the path we are suppose to be on! To not give up on this team effort. The struggles you go through to get there do no matter as long as you have faith in God, in yourself, and in each other. The hubs is the most humble person I know so as a wife who adores her husband, I had to take this moment to give him MAJOR credit for all his hard work and dedication. I could not be prouder!
For more about this amazing victory, check out the articles below. Also, his blog tells it all.
Kelly Williamson who tool 1st in pro women and Beth Gerdes who came in 10th!! Nice job ladies.
Okay, I will get off my high horse now and talk about some food. Sound good, eh? I decided to make some raw "patty" cakes for my friend chef friends Molly's 30th as well as for the Hubs homecoming. I was pumped to get in the kitchen but had no idea where to begin. So here's what happened and the outcome of my raw "patty"cakes.
RAW PATTY CAKES:
makes 14 cupcake sized cakes
-20 to 22 turkish apricot
-3/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 4 tsp Tropical Traditions Coconut Peanutbutter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 serving (33grams) of Raw Vanilla Protein powder (or protein powder of choice)
- 2 tbsp agave nectar or honey
- unsweetened shredded coconut and 100% raw cocoa for topping
- place nuts, apricots, oils, and coconut pb in food processor. Let it run until everything is mixed. Then slowly add in honey, protein powder, and vanilla. You may need more oil or honey depending on the thickness of your protein powder. Blend until the batter is at a nice consistency. Scoop out small handfuls, roll into a ball then press into your hand so it looks like a small patty that can fit into a cupcake holder. Once you have a raw patty cake formed coat each side with unsweetened coconut then sprinkle some raw cocoa on top. I froze these right away to keep fresh then put them in the fridge when they were ready to be served.
|Amount Per Serving:Calories 108.9 Fat 5.1 g Saturated Fat 1.6 g Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g Fiber 2.0 g Sugars 10.8 g Protein 3.5 g |
The hubs was delighted to come home to his "cakes"and I only requested that he save me at least one, okay maybe two or three. I will be delivering Molly's today! Hope she likes them.
And now onto the other BIG WINNER!! The winner of the tropical traditions COCONUT PEANUT BUTTER goes to.......................
I would use the coconut peanut butter for baking raw desserts or simply put it in sandwiches..oh the possibilities are endless!
I like your thinking Kelly! Email me your address- email@example.com
Well, that's its for me on this Monday. Oh and by the way, I loved hearing all your comments about things you did on a whim. My favorite was from Pat M.
Pat M said...
Earlier this year, on a whim, I decided to take part in a cancer fundraiser where I shaved my head bald. Raised around $1200 though, so it was worth it!
Pat, what an amazing heart you have!
In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.